2015 PSA Contest Now Open!
The deadline for entries is April 13, 2015! Get your team together now to enter, and you could win a MacBook Pro or a $1,500 gift card! Submit entries here.
The 6th annual McDivitt Makes a Difference PSA Contest is now open to all Colorado high school students in Denver, Colorado Springs and Pueblo.
Each year, McDivitt Law Firm holds this state-wide PSA contest to give students a platform to speak to their peers about the dangers of distracted driving.
The winning Public Service Announcement will air on TV in Colorado for two weeks this Spring, and the students who create the winning PSA will get their choice of a MacBook Pro with editing software, or a $1,500 gift card. The winning students’ school will also receive a monetary donation from the firm.
One of the biggest goals of McDivitt Makes a Difference is to keep our roads safe for everyone in the community, and this PSA contest is designed to help high school students send an effective safe-driving message to their peers.
How it Works
All PSA entries submitted by the deadline will be reviewed by two groups of people. The first, executives at McDivitt Law Firm, including a video production specialist, are looking for the content of the message. All entries will also be reviewed by a team of advertising executives looking for quality of production and story-telling.
Rules for Entry
- Colorado high school students must be in grades 9-12.
- PSAs must be 28-29 seconds in length.
- Topic of the PSA must be the dangers of distracted driving, which can include texting while driving, putting on make-up, friends who create distractions, or substance abuse, among others.
- Entries will be judged on students’ abilities to analyze and address the topic and produce a quality video.
- Entries must be submitted by 5pm on April 13, 2015 through this online form.
- A complete list of Rules & Regulations can be found here.
Please be sure to review all of the rules and deadline information before beginning work on your PSA, and good luck!