Wrongful Death Damages
Wrongful death is a claim against a person, corporation or other entity which may be held liable for losses caused by the death of a loved one. This claim is brought in a civil action, usually by close relatives. If you are a surviving family member who has lost a loved one due to some else’s reckless or careless behavior (negligence), you may be entitled to damages.
The Colorado wrongful death lawyers at McDivitt Law Firm can help you recover the compensation you need for your losses including (but not limited to) medical and funeral expenses, plus the amount of financial support and other services that were provided or expected to be provided by the lost loved one – in addition to grief and suffering.
For example, under Colorado State Law, our wrongful death lawyers may seek damages, such as:
- Immediate expenses associated with the death (medical & funeral)
- Loss of victim’s anticipated earnings in the future until time of retirement or death
- Loss of benefits caused by the victim’s death (pension, medical coverage, etc.)
- Loss of inheritance caused by the untimely death
- Suffering or mental anguish to the survivors
- Loss of care, protection, companionship to the survivors
- General damages
- Punitive damages
To learn more about the damages for which and your family may be eligible, contact our Colorado wrongful death lawyers at McDivitt Law Firm today. We’re available around the clock. Call toll free at (877) 846-4878 to arrange a free consultation, or click here for an initial consultation form. Your initial consultation is free, and you will not pay any fee until we collect money for you.