2017 PSA Contest Open for Entries
The 2017 McDivitt PSA Contest is now open to all high school students in Colorado! The deadline to submit your entry is April 16th by 10 P.M.
The 8th Annual McDivitt Makes a Difference PSA Contest is now open!
Each year, McDivitt Law Firm holds this state-wide PSA contest to give students a platform to speak to their peers about the dangers of distracted driving.
The winning Public Service Announcement will air on TV in Colorado for two weeks in May, and the student who creates the winning PSA will receive either a MacBook Pro with editing software or a $1,500 gift card. The winning student’s school will also receive a monetary donation from the firm.
One of the biggest goals of McDivitt Makes a Difference is to keep our roads safe for everyone in the community, and this PSA contest is designed to help high school students send an effective safe-driving message to their peers.
How it Works
All PSA entries submitted by the deadline will be reviewed by two groups of people. The first, executives at McDivitt Law Firm, including a video production specialist, are looking for the content of the message. All entries will also be reviewed by a team of advertising executives looking for quality of production and story-telling.
Rules for Entry
- NO DISTRACTED DRIVING- We do not want anyone breaking the law or putting themselves in harms away in the making of this video. If your video contains actual distracted driving, you will be disqualified.
- Colorado high school students must be in grades 9-12.
- PSAs must be 28-29 seconds in length.
- The topic of the PSA must be the dangers of distracted driving, which can include texting while driving, putting on make-up, friends who create distractions, or substance abuse, among others.
- Entries will be judged on students’ abilities to analyze and address the topic and produce a quality video. (Creativity is encouraged!)
- Entries must be submitted electronically through the official online form, found on the Rules & Regulations page.
- A complete list of Rules & Regulations can be found here.
Please be sure to review all of the rules and deadline information before beginning work on your PSA, and good luck!