David McDivitt, a nationally recognized trial lawyer, is the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of McDivitt Law Firm. In addition to managing the day-to-day operations of McDivitt Law Firm, he runs the firm’s litigation and trial group, where he is responsible for both trying and supervising jury trials through verdict. McDivitt actively works to protect the rights of injured victims, workers' and consumers.
Before joining McDivitt Law Firm, he was formerly a Deputy Public Defender with the Office of the Colorado State Public Defender where he earned the reputation as a highly successful and experienced trial lawyer. He has been named one of the National Trial Lawyer’s Association’s Top 40 Trial Lawyers under 40 and is a frequent legal analyst and contributor to local and national television news and radio.
In addition to his work with McDivitt Law Firm, McDivitt is a former board member of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, the state’s largest specialty legal bar association and is a multi-term member of its select Executive Committee. He is involved in decision making at the highest levels within Colorado’s trial lawyer community. He is also the Co-Chair of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association’s EAGLE Committee, which works to ensure the laws of Colorado protect the rights of individuals and those hurt by someone else’s wrongdoing.
Have you been injured in an accident? Request a FREE case evaluation.
McDivitt received his Juris Doctor from the University of Colorado School of Law. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from the University of Colorado at Boulder, where he graduated magna cum laude and was honored with admission into Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honor society. During his undergraduate years, McDivitt also attended Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Virginia and attended the University of Paris, Sorbonne. After graduation, he worked for several years as an investment banker in London.
McDivitt is a proud father of two young children. He is active in his community, supporting several local and national charitable organizations.
- University of Colorado Boulder (B.A.), magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- Washington and Lee University
- University of Paris—Sorbonne
- University of Colorado School of Law (J.D.), University of Colorado Law Review, Editor
- Former Deputy Public Defender, Office of the Colorado State Public Defender
- Expert Testimony, Colorado State Senate and House Judiciary Committees
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Association for Justice (also known as American Trial Lawyers Association)
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Co-Chair Eagle Committee
- Denver Bar Association
- El Paso County Bar Association
- National Trial Lawyers Association, Top 40 Trial Lawyers under 40
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association "Membership Volunteer of the Year Award" (2010)
- Carrigan Cup Mock Trial Competition, winner
- William O. DeSouchet Award for "Best Individual Performance in Trial Advocacy"
- Joel H. Greenstein Award for "Best Performance in Advanced Trial Advocacy"