How Long Do Auto Accident Claims Take?
Unfortunately, the answer to this question is not cookie cutter. It is different for each individual who has been involved in an auto accident. An average range would be a few months to a few years, but the following information will give you more insight into the elements that will affect the time it will take your claim to come to conclusion.
- Why should I use my own health insurance instead of having the other driver pay for my medical care?
- How does my offer compare to what other people get for the same or similar injuries?
- How can I determine the costs associated with the pain and suffering I went through?
- Should my settlement include the amount of my medical bills, the amount my insurance paid, or the amount I paid out of pocket?
- Do I have to use some or all of my settlement to pay back my health insurance company?
- How do I know I’m protected if my symptoms return after I settle?
- If I need to use up all my vacation and sick pay to cover my time off from work, can I get paid for that?
McDivitt knows the answers to these questions and more. Obtaining the assistance of our team members can save you precious time and money. Below are just some of the items McDivitt collects and organizes on your behalf:
- Medical Bills
- Treatment Notes
- Diagnostic Imaging Results
- Traffic Accident Reports
- Witness Interviews and Statements
- Photographs of Injuries
- Photographs of Property Damage
- Photographs of the Accident Scene
- Accident Reconstruction Reports
- Interviews and Statements from You, Family Members, Friends, Colleagues
- Employment and Lost Wage Information
- Maximum Recovery Parameters
After this process is complete, McDivitt aggressively negotiates and advocates for you. When a settlement that you have agreed to is established, we also settle claims with outside parties who are entitled to payment from your settlement. This additional service, again, saves you time and energy. Throughout, we eliminate the heavy lifting, keeping you from undue emotional, mental, and even physical stress. There are times when insurance companies refuse to pay the amount of settlement our client deserves. When this happens, and with our clients’ approval, McDivitt will take a case to trial in order to get the money owed. Our team includes experienced litigators who are not afraid to take cases to trial. This process, as expected, adds time to the life of your claim. To find out more about protecting your time and ensuring just compensation if you have been a victim of an auto accident, contact one of the experienced Colorado Personal Injury Lawyers at McDivitt Law Firm. You may reach us toll free at (877) 846-4878, or contact us for a free case evaluation. Your initial consultation is absolutely free, and you don’t owe us any fee until we collect money for you.