Personal Injury Attorney
Leah Garrett was born in Florida, grew up in Oakland, California and studied History at San Francisco State University. After completing her undergraduate degree, Leah attended the University of Alabama School of Law. From there, she went on to work as an assistant state attorney at the Office of the State Attorney for the First Judicial Circuit of Florida.
“I always knew I wanted a career where I could make a difference in people’s lives,” Leah said. After three years of working as a criminal law prosecutor in Florida, she decided to transition to civil law. While working for an insurance defense firm, Leah says she saw how insurance companies and large corporations can use their vast resources to take advantage of accident and injury victims. She chose to get into personal injury law instead to represent the victims instead of the companies working against them.
“I approach each case individually to ensure a thorough understanding, not only of the facts of what happened, but the way in which each client’s life has been affected,” she said. Leah chose to work at McDivitt because of the firm’s dedication to helping injury victims, and the team approach it takes to make sure clients get the best outcome possible.
– T. C., Colorado Springs, CO
- University of Alabama School of Law, Juris Doctor
- San Francisco State University, B.A., History
- Wade, Palmer & Shoemaker, P.A., Associate Attorney
- Office of the State Attorney, 1st Judicial Circuit Florida, Assistant State Attorney
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- US District Court for the District of Colorado