Personal Injury Attorney
Edward Lomena, who grew up in New York City, decided to become a lawyer after he had a bad experience of his own with an attorney. He was young when a family friend referred him to a lawyer who seemed to want to help. “It turned out they didn’t, and I could never get in touch with them,” he said. “It was a difficult process and it ended up hurting me. I realized I could do a better job than that.” He pursued a career in the law, vowing to do good work for his clients.
He thought he would go into corporate law, but fell in love with trial law. The judges at one of his trial law competitions in school asked him to join their new firm when he graduated. It happened to be a personal injury firm and Edward has been practicing personal injury law ever since.
Along the way, in his nine years as an attorney, Edward represented the insurance companies in personal injury cases. “So, I know where they’re coming from and I can explain to my clients how the insurance companies work,” he said. “A lot of clients, when they come through the door, they’re sort of broken. They’ve been through a lot and the insurance companies are bullying them. They don’t know what to do. They come to us to even the score.” That’s what Edward aims to do for his clients. “I want you to know you’re working with someone who has your back,” he said. “I want to bring you back to a position of power.”
Edward, who has been in Colorado for two years, chose the McDivitt Law Firm because he appreciates the respect the firm has for its clients. “More than any other firm I’ve worked at, McDivitt really cares about their clients,” he said. The goal with every case is to make the client feel well served and to feel they can recommend McDivitt to their loved ones with confidence the attorneys will help.
We are proud to share that Edward is now a member of Top 100 Attorneys as dictated by The American Society of Legal Advocates. ASLA’s exclusive membership comprises less than 1.5% of all licensed lawyers nationwide.
- Hofstra University School of Law – Hempstead, NY (Juris Doctor, May 2005)
- Hofstra University – Hempstead, NY (B.A. in Political Science, May 1999)
- Wade Clark Mulcahy – Attorney (New York, NY)
- Boyd & Aufenanger – Attorney (Uniondale, NY)
- New York State, 2006
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2010
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York, 2010
- Colorado, 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Multi -Million Dollar Advocates Forum - 2017
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum – 2017
- National Trial Lawyers top 100 -2017
- National Trial Lawyers top 40 under 40 trial attorneys 2015-2016
- Mass Trial Lawyers Top 25 - 2016
- Motor Vehicle Trial Lawyers Top 25 – 2017
- National Latino Trial Lawyers Top 10
- Top 50 US verdicts in Colorado (Jackson v. Scott et. al) – 2016
- NAOPIA Nationally Ranked Top 10 Attorney Award- 2017
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 best client satisfaction
- Peritum Attorneys -2017
- Lawyers of Distinction top 10% of attorneys in the United States -2017