“McDivitt Makes A Difference” Video PSA Contest
Details About the Annual McDivitt Makes a Difference PSA Contest
Congratulations to Ryan Kost of Doherty High School for winning the 2019 PSA Contest!Ryan’s PSA was incredibly creative and we really appreciated the unique animation style he chose to use. Ryan received a $1,500 check as his prize and also won $500 for Doherty High School.
The 10th annual PSA contest is closed, but please check back in March of 2020 to enter into our next contest.
Each year, McDivitt Law Firm holds this state-wide PSA contest to give students a platform to speak to their peers about the dangers of distracted driving. The winning Public Service Announcement will air on TV in Colorado for two weeks in May, and the student who creates the winning PSA can choose between a MacBook Pro with editing software OR a $1,500 gift card. The winning student’s school will also receive a monetary donation from the firm. One of the biggest goals of McDivitt Makes a Difference is to keep our roads safe for everyone in the community, and this PSA contest is designed to help high school students send an effective safe-driving message to their peers.
How it Works
All PSA entries submitted by the deadline will be reviewed by two groups of people. The first, executives at McDivitt Law Firm, including a video production specialist, are looking for the content of the message. All entries will also be reviewed by a team of advertising executives looking for quality of production and story-telling.
Rules for Entry
- NO DISTRACTED DRIVING – We do not want anyone breaking the law or putting themselves in danger in the making of this video. If your video contains actual distracted driving, you will be disqualified.
- Colorado high school students must be in grades 9-12.
- PSAs must be 28-29 seconds in length.
- The topic of the PSA must be the dangers of distracted driving, which can include texting while driving, putting on make-up, friends who create distractions, or substance abuse, among others.
- Entries will be judged on students’ abilities to analyze and address the topic and produce a quality video. Creativity is encouraged!
- Entries must be submitted electronically through the official online form, found on the Rules & Regulations page.
- A complete list of Rules & Regulations can be found here.
Please be sure to review all of the rules and deadline information before beginning work on your PSA. If you have any questions, please contact Dan McCarthy at email@example.com, and good luck!
From the McDivitt Law Firm Blog
Browse the latest news & articles from the McDivitt Legal Team
Shutdown of Union Printers Home Raises Awareness of Elder Care & Nursing Home Abuse|
McDivitt Law is Here to Help Your Loved Ones The devastating revelations surrounding the shutdown of the Union Printers Home have left many residents and their…Read More
Residents & Businesses Face Fines for Not Removing Snow From Walkways|
With a second blast of winter weather approaching Denver, Colorado, following last week’s record-setting snow, city officials have said they will be out today m…Read More
Navigating the I-25 Gap Project|
How to Get Through the I-25 Construction What is the Gap Project? The “Gap” project, which started in September 2018, is a $350 million-dollar project aimed to…Read More