Each year, McDivitt Law Firm holds a state-wide PSA contest in the spring for high school students in Colorado. One of the biggest goals of McDivitt Makes a Difference is to keep our roads safe for everyone in the community, and this PSA contest is designed to help high school students send an effective safe-driving message to their peers.
The winning PSA will be aired on TV throughout the state.
The topics of the PSA can touch on anything related to distracted driving – from text messaging and putting on make-up, to substance abuse, and drinking and driving.
When it Happens
The PSA contest is held every spring, so all you have to do is plan ahead! Start thinking now about what topic you want to focus on, and then start working on how you’ll tell your peers to drive safely.
The next deadline for entries is Monday, April 21st, 2014.
How it Works
All PSA entries submitted by the deadline will be reviewed by two groups of people. The first, executives at McDivitt Law Firm, looking for the content of the message. All entries will also be reviewed by a team of producers from Los Angeles, CA, looking for quality of production and story-telling.
What You’ll Win
In addition to having their PSA air on TV throughout Colorado, the student or team of students who submits the winning PSA will be able to choose one of the following two prizes:
Apple MacBook Pro
- 13.3-inch glossy widescreen display (1280 x 800)
- 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
- 250GB HDD
- 4GB RAM
- Apple Final Cut Express HD
$1,500 Gift Card
Stock up on the latest movie-making technology with a $1,500 Visa gift card!
McDivitt Law Firm Video PSA Contest
Rules & Regulations
- Students must attend school in Denver, Colorado Springs or Pueblo and be in grades 9 to 12.
- Videos must follow the theme of distracted driving.
- Videos must be between 28 and 29 seconds.
- Videos will not be considered for judgment if they contain copyrighted materials, vulgar or inappropriate content.
- Actors must knowingly agree to participate and appear in videos.
For any questions not addressed on the website, please email Lisa McDivitt at email@example.com.
Entries are due by Monday, April 21, 2014.